Monday, May 12, 2008

My new toy...

I got a new toy this weekend...a telephoto zoom lens for my camera. It's a Tamron 28-300mm zoom and it'll take the place of two lenses on my older D70 camera body (I can use it both as a "regular" lens and as a zoom). I've been trying to get some good shots of the moon for a while now--I took this tonight, and it came out really crisp and clear, like I wanted to see.

Now that I've got some good glass, look for more of these coming in the future.

Another photo soon...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great photo. I got to get me a lens like this one of these days.

jtj3 said...

Glad you liked the photo. Yeah, the lens is definitely worth it--MUCH better than my previous lens. Thanks for stopping by, and I'm visiting your site now!

Lelani said...

Way cool...I've got a 55-200mm. My next hope is a macro because I like to get up close shots of small things and I'm always having to switch lenses. But even my other lense only gets to 18. I want closer! Boy, but I'd sure like to get a moon shot like that....guess I need more on the other end too. LOL....more, more, more!

jtj3 said...

Hey Lelani, thanks! I toyed with getting a macro, but settled on a macro filter instead...it screws onto the front of your lens, and acts like a macro. Not as good as a dedicated macro lens but cheaper, and works fine for as much (or little...) as I use it.