Friday, June 20, 2008

What I did on my summer vacation...

I'm in the middle of a vacation in Alaska--yesterday we spent the entire day inside Denali National Park. I took a ton of pictures, and the ones below were a couple of my favorites. We saw this yearling caribou toward the end of our trip. It caught everyone by surprise--it wasn't more than 100 yards from our bus. Quite a rare sighting, from what I hear. I still need to process lots and lots of pictures but I thought this would be a nice sampler.



Another photo soon...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi our jim --

so, i guess this makes me a "cross commenter," eh? hehe.

glad you are eating up the view here. take care, beany

Anonymous said...

This is one lovely creature.

jtj3 said...

Beany the view was PHENOMENAL. I uploaded some of my pix (and will add more!) to a Picasa album here.

Leafless, I agree with you--what a sight! And *man* did that thing move fast!!!