Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A gaggle of geese




I stopped by a forrest preserve this morning that's on my way to work. I'd intended to take some different pictures, but found Gus and Gertie the Geese (that's what I decided they were named...) and rattled off a bunch of pictures of the two of them. I thought these were the best of the bunch and decided to post them all.

A gaggle, by the way, is the name for a group of geese that are not in flight. A group of geese in flight is properly referred to as a skein.

See, ladies and gentlemen--this blog is informational and entertaining. It's infotaining!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the top left one. The reflection in the water is gorgeous!

jtj3 said...

Thanks Kate--I think that one is my favorite, also! Glad you liked it.

Rick said...

A couple of those look like they're going to come after you!

jtj3 said...

Believe it or not Rick, one of them DID come after me! When she (he?) started hissing at me and poking it's tongue out, I knew I was too close so I backed off. No harm done, though...