Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Say Hey Kid...

This is a statue of Willie Mays (nicknamed "the Say Hey Kid") that stands outside AT&T Park in downtown San Francisco.

While he retired as a member of the New York Mets, Mays is best known for his long career with the New York (later San Francisco) Giants. Since 1986, he's served as a special assistant to the Giants, and part of the Embarcadero (the street that runs in front of the park) is named in his honor.

I like to use Photoshop on some of my pictures to produce artistic looks, and this one was no exception. I went for a black and white, "dry brush" look...I like the way it came out.

Just one other story on the picture--I was really sick the day I took this, and I wasn't thinking much about composition. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably shoot from a different angle, try to get more of a closeup, etc. I will more than likely be back in San Francisco one of these days soon, so I'll probably shoot this in a different way.

Another picture tomorrow...

No comments: