Wednesday, April 16, 2008

MMMMM....coffee.........

I've been fiddling with a new 10x macro filter, mostly because I'm too cheap to go out and buy a full on macro lens. I'm a big fan of coffee--I love the taste, and loved the smell of the beans years before I started drinking it. I thought this would make an interesting shot, especially since I used a very wide lens opening to shrink down the depth of field.

What's not to love here--combining my obsession with coffee and my obsession with photography...

Another photo soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sup Wingnut! I really like this picture! I think the shadows and textures of the beans look great! Perhaps a little more depth of field would look a bit better so you could get a few more beans in focus?

Peace,
Beaker

P.S. Get a macro lens!

jtj3 said...

Hey Beaker, glad you liked the shot! When I did this shot I deliberately shortened the DOF--I wanted to have it blur into sharpness, then blur out again. But yeah I know what you mean. Oh and re: a macro lens...yeah, I'll rush right out and buy one. NOT. :-D