Friday, October 12, 2007

Au milieu de Paris...


This image was shot on my first trip to Paris in the summer of 1999. I'd been enamored with Paris ever since taking 3 years of French in high school, and being there for the first time 15 years after graduation was a dream come true. This photo looked really good in its original color, but I feel like the black and white version has more impact.

Paris has hundreds of statues like this stashed in out of the way places all over the city. I couldn't tell you who this is, and I doubt I could ever find it again--the picture is a metaphor for those ephemeral moments in life that come and go so quickly, and try as you might you just can't capture them again.

I didn't know it at the time, but it turns out that this was the same day that JFK Jr. and his wife died in a plane crash. I got back to my hotel and it was all over CNN and the French news channels.

Another photo tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice!